Thursday, June 28, 2007

chemo 4 ways

Tough day today. We were at the hospital from 9 to 4. Isaiah had blood drawn to check his counts, an x-ray to check for stress fractures in his lower back, a spinal tap, and four different chemo drugs: one in the spinal fluid, one in his thigh muscles, one into his veins (through his port) and one orally. Plus he fasted till 2. He's wiped out now and not feeling well. His eyes are all puffy. That's just a whole lot of chemicals for a little boy.







On a happier note, we had a fun night camping in my folk's pasture earlier in the week. Before the whole leukemia thing started, we were planning a backpacking trip. Almost daily during our hospital stay Isaiah asked if we could still go camping when he got out. So we adjusted plans a bit and did the best we could under the circumstances. It was a great night. And then Bita made us pancakes for breakfast.



7 comments:

Annelies said...

Such a hard day.....I will keep you in prayer that each day is brighter. I remember my parents pitching a tent in our backyard so we could go camping. Not exactly the BIG adventure, but I have some of my happiest memories about those times. Hugs to your family, and know you in our hearts and prayers. Much love from San Diego

molly lilja said...

Wow, that is a really really long day! I am so sorry that you have to have days like that. I hope that you can rest for a bit.

Love you all,
Molly

Michelle Coder said...

I was praying for you today, Isaiah, as I do every day. It sounds like you had a lot of procedures. Phew! That's over and done! I'll pray tonight that you'll feel better really fast.

When I was a kid we used to camp in our back yard and play Hogan's Heroes with flashlights. It was a lot of fun. I bet you guys had smores. Am I right?

Much Love to all of you!

~Michelle

Unknown said...

hi guys, i have been following the progress of isaiah throught the blog - thanks for the updates, my heart goes out to you isaiah and your family... i am blown away at how well you seem to be doing through all of this -- you guys are a great family -- God bless: Scott Ritter

castagnolifamily said...

Hi Isaiah,
I must say you are truly AMAZING and your spirit shines through in those pictures. You are surrounded by so much love.

We continue to pray for you and your family!

Love,
Craig and Vanessa
(Uncle Ryan and Auntie Gentry's friends.)

Niamh McCreary said...

As always, thinking and praying hard for healing for Isaiah and peace for you all.

love

Niamh, David, Cormac & Ronan.

Darcy said...

Howdy Isaiah!!!! How fun!!! Did Bess eat any of your smores???? I hope not! You are in our prayers....all of you....much love from the Bellezas.