Saturday, July 25, 2009

feels like a reglear kid

Isaiah has felt better as the day has progressed. Twice, at different times today, I heard him say out loud, "Thanks Jesus." I asked him about this.

"I'm just so happy I'm not in the hospital," he explained. "I feel like a reglear kid! (Reglear is one of his last remaining little kid words - he means regular, of course). I don't even feel like I'm in leukemia today. But I know that I am."

As often happens, hearing his heart made me both very happy and more than a little sad.

But we are grateful today. He seems to be feeling very strong.

Thanks Jesus.

3 comments:

Nicole @Team Pipkin said...

that is great news that he is feeling much better. you know he did really good at soccer camp, he's a natural:-)

Cyn said...

"As often happens, hearing his heart made me both very happy and more than a little sad." I hear you on this one and I'm not even his parent. I LOVE how beautifully he deals with it all, but so sad that he even has to!
Also a little sad that he only has a few 'little kid' words left.
So good to hear that today has been great for him!!

Anonymous said...

That is great Nate - thanks for the report! I am glad that you all have had a great summer! God bless - Scott Ritter