Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Into the Water


Not too long ago we joyfully celebrated Sienna's baptism. Isaiah cheered her on enviously, wishing he could tell everyone that he loves Jesus and wants to follow Him for the rest of his life. I remember him tugging at my skirt while I talked to Sienna about baptism and its meaning. "I'm ready mom. I'm not afraid. I know what it means," he whispered. I knew he was ready then and I know he is ready now to express his love for God through participation in the sacrament of baptism. We invite you to pray for him this week as we help him prepare for this sacred day in his life.



The baptism will be Sunday, June 8 at the American River Confluence, 1:00pm. If you live locally please feel welcome to come out and share in this part of his life. Check out www.emmauslife.org for a map or updates on the baptism.

7 comments:

Taria M. said...

I will be praying for Isaiah and his willing heart. :) What a blessing! And CONGRATULATIONS, Isaiah! :) I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Teacher Penny said..
I'll be on the coast this weekend but I will be praying for you. I know this will be a special moment in time. I know the Lord will meet you in a special way!

Jennifer said...

God is awesome.
This will be a truly blessed day!

We would love to be there but will be away for the weekend in Carmel.

We send our thoughts and love,
The Ferraras

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Isaiah! This is wonderful news! Matt (my husband) was just baptized at Easter so I know what you and your family have in store this weekend!
Blessings to all of you!
Margaret :)

Anonymous said...

I always feel humbled by Isaiah , his knowing heart and his constant faith . Bless all of you on this joyous day. XXXAnne Dease

Michelle Coder said...

I wish I could be there today to see your baptism. You are always in my prayers, Isaiah. Joy to you on this beautiful day!

Love Michelle

Tarissa said...

Hey Buddy,

I prayed for your baptism today and wished I could have been there to witness it. I'm so proud of you and your strong and courageous spirit. I can't wait to see pictures!

I miss you and your family! Please give them all big hugs for me. I love all of you so much!

I'll talk to you soon,
Tarissa