Thursday, May 22, 2008

long day


BIG thanks to all of you who prayed for Isaiah today. He fasted until after 2:00 p.m. as there were lots of kids at the hospital. Through it all he never complained. We worked on memorizing Joshua 1:9 together throughout the morning and as we were finally called in for his "sleepy test" (or "lumbar puncture" as they call it) and I carried him down the hall, he recited it to me softly: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.


We're asking for grace to live out of faith - not fear. We were shown x-rays today which revealed worsening fractures in his spine. There are a couple complex issues before us. Please pray for mercy.

4 comments:

Auntie Angie said...

Dear Isaiah, I love you buddy. I am so proud of your strength today. I really like the verse you memorized today, you set good examples of coping with of all of this. I hope that tomorrow will be a better day and that you will be feeling better. Thank you for continuing to teach us to keep strong in our faith. We love you,the Wong's.

Michelle Coder said...

We continue to pray for mercy and for healing for you, Isaiah. I will pray for you back as well as for peace and courage for all of you. I also really like the verse you memorized. It also gives me comfort and strength.

God's Love and Light surround you and your dear family.

Love Michelle

Anonymous said...

Teacher Penny said...
Today I was sharing your story of how strong and courageous you are and how the Lord is touching so many lives through the profound Godly wisdom that you speak. I'll be praying over you tonight as you sleep.

Jacob said...

Hey Isaiah!
Just droppin' in to say hello. How is your baseball going? I can't wait to play it again with you. It is so much fun. Well, I guess I will see you tomorrow. I love you!
Jacob